Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Baby Bentley is on the way!


Expected Due Date: August 24, 2016!

Week 4: December 16, 2015
Baby Size: Poppy seed
Symptoms: None 

Richard and I found out that we were pregnant on Friday night, December 18, 2015. I know you're supposed to take the test in the morning, but I had been 4 days late at that point. Too nervous to go out and buy a pregnancy test by myself, Richard and I went to a local drugstore after we ate our weekly Mexican dinner with Leslie.  We drove home and said, " There is a high chance of it being negative since we had only started that month (November)". I took the test and waited the "long" 3 minutes before we checked the results. To out biggest surprise, there was one faint pink line and one strong pink line (2)!!! Shocked, Richard gave me a biggest kiss and told me that I have never looked better. After talking about how blessed we were, we decided to go to bed and would take the two remaining tests the next morning; however, I was way too nervous/ excited to wait. I was waking up every few hours but by 3:30 a.m., I decided to take another test (positive again!) Even more excited, I took my pillow and "slept" on the sofa for the reaming night since I was so restless. Still not able to sleep, I took my third test at 6:30 a.m. and POSITIVE again! Finally, Richard woke up and I told him the wonderful news. That night we had plans to see Cole and Ashley for dinner where we told them the great news, too. The next morning, Sunday, we met Leslie at church and told her the wonderful news over breakfast where she cried tears of joy. Then that night for dinner, we drove to my parents home and told my parents, sister, and brother. They were all thrilled and starting crying, too!



{After dinner at the Avalon}


Week 5: December 23, 2015
Baby Size: Apple seed
Symptoms: Waves of nausea (only in the morning & late at night)

This week was so much fun as it was the lead up to Christmas, yay! But, what was so hard around this time of the year was keeping the BIGGEST secret from all of our extended family and close friends. Even though it was hard to hold the secret, we had a wonderful holiday with our families. The next big step in the process was waiting anxiously for week 8, which was when I would have my first scheduled doctor's appointment.


Week 8: January 13, 2016
Baby Size: Kidney bean
Symptoms: Waves of nausea & extremely tired

The days leading up to our first appointment were a little uneventful. However, it was hard getting back to work after a wonderful two weeks off for Christmas break. My first OB appointment was on Tuesday, 1/12/16 (just one day before 8 full weeks). I was so thankful that Richard was able to take off work and be there with me. We were taken in a small room where we had our first sonogram. She quickly found the little "baby";it was such a relief to see and then hear the wonderful heartbeat. It really put all my fears to the side. 

{Our first picture of our small but precious gift}



Week 10: January 27, 2016
Baby Size: Kumquat 
Symptoms: Tired but feeling more myself.

Today, I have officially hit 10 weeks. To me, 10 sounded pretty solid and felt like a small milestone in this process. Even though I have been very lucky and only got sick once, I'm chalking it up to back to work jitters. I have felt more myself this week than any other time. I still get really tired after I take Addie for a walk and eat dinner, but I'm not feeling the waves of nausea throughout the day where I can only eat: goldfish, saltines, and pretzels,which seemed to be my main food groups for a few week. Not much is going on with our lives, but I am getting very antsy to tell my extended family and close friends at work. Until then, I'm counting down until my next appointment at 12 weeks. 


Week 12: February 10, 2016
Baby Size: Lime
Symptoms: a little tired but feel very much myself

I had my 12 week appointment where they did the blood work for the genetic testing along with an ultrasound that was followed by a regular OB appointment. I feel so relieved that I have hit the "safe zone". This week was a ton of fun because Richard's Aunt Sheila flew in from California with her son Max. We had dinner Friday night at our typical Mexican restaurant where we told them and out favorite waiter, Juan the great news. They were both over the moon and were gifted a delicious plate of churros.  Then Saturday night the entire Bentley side went to dinner at Table & Main in Roswell.  

{Second picture of Baby B. He/She looks very healthy and is doing well. It was very crazy to finally see a "normal" picture of the baby that morning.} 


Week 13: February 17, 2016
Baby Size: pea-pod 
Symptoms: Feeling good but a little tired and not having energy to make dinner. 

This week was super fun because we reveled the exciting news that we were pregnant! This is how I shared the fun news to my friends at work :)


Week 14: February 24, 2016
Baby Size: Lemon  
Symptoms: Feeling more myself but still lacking energy to do much after work/ coaching.
Cravings: Still having food aversions when it comes to anything with pork and greasy food.
Missing: Jimmy Johns, sushi, and wedge salads with blue cheese crumbles 


I'm officially in the second trimester!!!  This week has been a little slow with track & field season starting up, which has been accompanied by a ton of rain and cold weather. Either way, I'm feeling great and looking forward to my next "big" appointment when we find out the gender on March 23!   


 

{Week 12-13-14}

Week 16: March 9, 2016
Baby Size: Avocado  
Symptoms: I am feeling really good, but I am still really tried by the end of the day with teaching and coaching. However, I am still wearing my normal clothes even though my pants are starting to get a little more tight. However, I feel bad because I have no urge to cook dinner for either Richard or myself. Thankfully, my mother-in-law is bringing over 1 meal a week, which is great because we can usually get a good re-heat out of it too!
Cravings: Still more food aversions, especially with  liking pork or super greasy food.
Missing: cocktails with friends. Now that it's getting warmer (almost 80 degrees this week), I miss having a nice cocktail when we go out for dinner. Instead I usually get sparkling water and a lime wedge to do the trick. 




{Courtney's baby shower}

{Sweet, tired Addie}

No comments:

Post a Comment