Saturday, March 26, 2016

Gender Reveal

Wednesday, March 23, 2016, was one of the most magical days of our lives!
  That morning I had my 18 week ultrasound to check the health of Baby B and to find out the gender. Since Richard couldn't take a day from work, my mom went with me; however, I did mention that I wanted to keep the gender a secret since he wasn't able to be there.  Throughout the entire appointment, it was such a joy to have my mom there and experience the miracle with me. We saw the entire body from the head, lungs, heart, to the tiny little fingers and toes. Little Baby B was moving so much that we couldn't get a clear measurement of the tummy though.  At the end, our ultrasound tech finally was able to get Baby B to cooperate so she could finalize the gender. We turned out heads and she snapped the shot and put the little picture in the envelope for us to open later that night.


{The suspense was killing me knowing that this envelope held our biggest secret}

 
{Little Baby B at 18 weeks old and "his or her" little toes} 

Since I took the entire day off from work, my mom and I headed over to Buttermilk Kitchen off Roswell Road in north Atlanta. I had never been there, even though I had passed by it a million times prior; however, what excited me the most was the fact that Reese Witherspoon ate there just a few weeks ago. The entire meal was beyond delicious- I would highly recommend their breakfast selection. I had their pimento omelet, which comes with two hasbrowns and a homemade biscuit that comes with their house blackberry jam. My favorite parts were the hasbrowns that were topped with rosemary salt and their biscuit, of course!




Our predictions were: Richard-girl/ Alexis-boy ( I even wore by blueish earrings)

That night we had dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant, Milton's! We ordered appetizers and tried to hold off as long as we could, but the excitement was killing us. Since we couldn't wait any longer, I had Richard open the envelope and see the results first, but our ultrasound tech typed the results so small that Richard couldn't find it quick enough. I immediately looked down and saw the sweet white font on the top left corner saying, "Its a GIRL!!!"




{Our little family full of girls}

I was in shock and so thrilled that words could not express the joy I had or more importantly, we had! Richard wanted a girl since he never got to experience a sister and this just filled his face with the biggest smile. The rest of the night we talked about how much our lives were going to change for the better and how special this little blessing of a girl would bring us closer as a family. Oh, we also talked about how many sweet little outfits, bonnets, and bows we were going to buy.

Since Ashley and Cole couldn't be at out family dinner Saturday night because they were traveling to Birmingham for Easter weekend, we faced time them to tell them our exciting news. The weekend prior, Ashley bough Baby B the softest bunny and one set of boy onesie and girl onesie. Their predictions were: Ashley- girl/ Cole- boy. To their excitement, I held up the sweet little floral onesie as Ashley screamed!

Saturday, March 26, 2016 Richard and I had our families over to our house to have our "official" gender reveal dinner party. We bought all things blue and pink to help with the festivities! 






Once everyone arrived, "we" had to cut the cake first. Since we both knew the gender prior to the party, we figured it would be so special for out mothers to cut the cake . Thankfully, Caroline's fiance, Chaz, was nice enough to get them cutting the cake on video ( it really was a priceless reaction).  


 




Everyone was over the moon with excitement as they dreamed and already spoiled our little girl. 


We couldn't be more excited about our new journey as soon- to- be parents this August. With each waking moment I think about this baby girl and how she has already blessed us with so much joy and happiness. 

Psalms 127:3





No comments:

Post a Comment